By His Grace Most Rev. Dr. Prophet S.A. Abidoye
In Luke 3:4, it is written: “As it says in the book of the words of Isaiah the Prophet, The voice of one crying in the waste land, Make ready the way of the Lord, make his roads straight.” Also in Isaiah 40:3: “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the LORD; Make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” Our Lord Jesus Christ is coming very soon, so we need to prepare for His return.
Last time in this column, I wrote about the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, which was sent by the Almighty God to the world to correct the practices in Churches in Africa. She was sent to correct the Churches that were before her. It will not be fair if I do not tell you how the Cherubim and Seraphim Church went about the influencing of churches she met in the world.
I will itemise these waves of influence:
1 Shouting of “Hallelujah”: Before the birth of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, the only time churches shout “Hallelujah”, is when they celebrated the “Triumphant Entry” of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem. Now, all churches shout “Hallelujah” at any time they are happy, especially when they have cause to praise God for special blessings. Formerly, it was only the Cherubim and Seraphim Church members that shout “Hallelujah” because it is one of the doctrines she received from heaven. It is one of the significant ways our Lord Jesus Christ is praised by the Angels in heaven. This practice was brought to the world by the new church, Cherubim and Seraphim. Of course, the earthly Cherubim and Seraphim Church, is an extension of the hosts of heaven known as “Cherubs and Seraphim” in heaven, which is limited to earthly abilities. No wonder, God explicitly talks to us whenever He wants to give us directive. This is just as God clearly spoke to me when He wanted us to move away from where we used to celebrate our annual Horeb Ascension to our new Galilee along Ilorin – Ibadan Expressway, Oyo State, just before the explosion of violence by the Boko Haram sect in the North. This took place three clear years before the 2011 Presidential Election crisis in the North.
2. The shouting of “Hosanna” during service is the second church practise that was introduced by the Cherubim and Seraphim Church to Christendom in Africa. It is now copied by virtually all churches in existence now. This reminds me of what a white man wrote in a magazine that was published in 1966, which says inter alia, “The Cherubim and Seraphim Church was tailored by God to suit Africans' ways of worshipping Him.” I do not believe that Cherubim and Seraphim is for only Black people, but rather, for the whole world. Like the Hallelujah above; many older churches now shout Hosanna as well as Hallelujah. Even non-Christians shout both Hosanna and Hallelujah in their expression of gratitude.
3. Use of Water and Oil: The sanctification of oil and water for healing was one of the healing doctrines introduced into churches by the Cherubim and Seraphim Church since inception of the Church in 1925. Now, all churches have imbibed it, and they all bless water and oil for healing and for other uses. In some churches, they practise all the doctrines of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church except wearing of white garments.
4. Baptism by immersion: The Cherubim and Seraphim Church introduced and popularised the act of Baptism by immersion. When I was first baptised in the Anglican Church in my hometown, Omu Aran, in Kwara State, it was by sprinkling of water. I had to be re-baptised by immersion to become a member of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church.
I wonder if the “Pastor Oluwo”, who is an avowed member of Ogboni cult, mentioned in his recent column that he believes in Baptism, which is an dogma of Christianity.
5. Clapping of hands, Drumming and Dancing during worship: Music during Church service, clapping of hands and dancing are legacies of our Church. When it began, people used to make fun of our dancing, clapping and drumming, but now, it has been copied by virtually all churches. This firmly confirms our song that says that “Cherubim and Seraphim will become the last Church in the world.” These copycat churches ARE virtually C&S in orientation and mode of worship, only that they do not wear white garments like us.
6. Vigil and Prayers: was also introduced by Moses Orimolade, and many Churches have embraced Vigil service as one of the best ways of seeking the face of God. The effectiveness of vigil services has convinced many churches to inculcate it into their service.
It is surprising that most of the churches around have adopted many of the values of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church and are more or less Cherubic in form and practice but for the wearing of the white garment.
Finally, somebody asked if we are forcing members to take oath in our Church. No, because members take oath voluntarily, and they even have to pay to take the oath after their ordination into various ranks in the church. If you are not convinced, I invite you to attend one of our services, especially when ordination of members is carried out.
* His Grace Most Rev. Dr. Prophet S.A. Abidoye is the Spiritual Father and Head of the Cherubim & Seraphim Movement Church Worldwide.